Monday, March 12, 2012

Yes, I crochet...Sometimes I knit, sew, exercise, cook, teach, be a musician...

I decided to finally start this blog rolling.
What would I find important enough to spend time on and share?

Well, you'll have to stick around long enough to find out.

About me:

Yes-I am Lori and I crochet.  Sounds like a 12 step meeting.  I just hope there is no cure for this other than to practice crochet principles in all my affairs-I just borrowed from Laurie Wheeler at CLF!

I'm on CLF, Hookey, Ravelry, Craftsy, and Pinterest-so is nearly every crocheter I know.
I belong to CGOA and am pondering their Masters' program.  I was encouraged at Stitches West by Amy Shelton and Tammy Hildebrand.

I'm in my mid-50's and a mom and grandmother, and a wife. I teach music for a living.  And to have funds to grow my stash.  It hasn't taken over yet, but I'd like to try.  :)

We live in the SF Bay area-God's country.  It's worth the price of admission to live here.  You can watch the free show or become part of it.

I love to make wearables, home items, and other tchotsky's.

And I'll tell you more later.

I have a swift and winder experience to share.

Here's the last finished thing: for my brand new grandson:














Of course, it has a story.  It's "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle done in crochet as a cuddler for the awesome new grandson.  Story is: a former student of mine posted this on Facebook from an Etsy seller.  I contacted the seller and asked to buy the pattern, not the made item. She wouldn't do that.
I decided I could figure it out just fine.  The ridges are fun in that they are post half-doubles.
Yarn is Homespun in Meadow and Candy Apple.

I made up the pattern as I went.  Isn't it the cutest thing???

No comments:

Post a Comment